Saturday, October 3, 2009

October 3, 2009

As an experiment I posted an ad on Craigslist in the personals section. I tried the strictly platonic section and casual encounters. I wanted to see what kind of people would reply, and I also wanted to find out how long a chat conversation would take to turn toward sex.

The answer is, not fucking long at all. The casual encounter replies were much more direct. You are basically stamped as whore or slut from the start, so doesn't leave much room for negotiations from the get go.

Me aka Dirty Slutty Whore: "Hi, you replied to my ad."
Horny bastard: "Hi, when do you want to hook-up?"
DSW: "Oh, I wanted to just chat first. I thought I made that clear in my ad."
HB: "I figure if you want to see each other in public first, it would be same as me hitting on you at coffee shop or bar. What difference does it make?"
DSW: "Want to at least talk first."
HB: "You're a fucking waste of time."

Short. direct and to the point I suppose. It seems like voluntary date-rape. I wonder if that approach is ever successful.

The strictly platonic section is a starting ground for people that intend to cheat on their significant others. You start off with questions about hobbies and what you like to do, etc. Then things start toward light jokes about sex, until you get full on requests for details about sex. I admit, I am guilty of the same thing. Naughty talk is the best kind of talk. Otherwise things get boring. Especially when you're dealing with chatting on the Internet. It's a little more drawn out, but it eventually ends up with, "Can you take a picture of your snatch? You can tell I'm a good guy. I just talked to you for half and hour."




No comments:

Post a Comment